7 Proven Health Benefits of Ginseng
- Ginseng as been shown to reduce inflammatory markers and help protect against oxidative stress.
- Ginseng has been shown to benefit mental functions, feelings of calmness and mood in both healthy people and those with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Ginseng may improve symptoms of erectile dysfunction by decreasing oxidative stress in tissues and enhance blood flow in penile muscles.
- Ginseng may strengthen the immune system in people with cancer and even enhance the effects of certain vaccinations.
- Ginsenosides in ginseng seem to regulate inflammation, provide antioxidant protection and maintain the health of cells, which could decrease the risk of certain kinds of cancer. Nevertheless, more research is needed.
- Ginseng may help to fight fatigue and enhance physical activity by lowering oxidative damage and increase energy production in cells.
- Ginseng, particularly fermented red ginseng, may help increase insulin protection, enhance blood sugar uptake in cells and provide antioxidant protection.